Open-Source & Research
I started working on and contributing to open-source all the way back in 2011, when I was in high-school. Some are by now outdated, some have impact to this day.
Forks and Contributions (github.com/kurtextrem)
added prerendering 🚀 · support for Safari ✨ · PrerenderV2 🧪(you experience the lib on my website)
🚀 Performance PatchesSection titled %uD83D%uDE80%20Performance%20Patches
- lucagez/json-stringify faster than JSON.stringify():
- 5-50% performance improvement
- jshttp/cookie cookie parser used by e.g. fastify:
- PR #1, PR #2
- Extensively benchmarked hashing algorithms and made sha1 the default.
- rendering performance improvement
🎓 Bachelor Thesis (2021 🇩🇪)Section titled %uD83C%uDF93%20Bachelor%20Thesis%20%282021%20%uD83C%uDDE9%uD83C%uDDEA%29
Design and development of a web interface for chemical analysis of quantum mechanical data
– graded 1.0 – interdisicplinary thesis from IT & Chemistry with focus on User Experience and Psychology (52 pages)
Professional Training (2017 🇩🇪)Section titled Professional%20Training%20%282017%20%uD83C%uDDE9%uD83C%uDDEA%29
Final Presentation (100/100%) · Final Documentation (95/100%)
For the next generation of trainees, I have published my finals as part of a well-known specialist blog.
Chrome ExtensionsSection titled Chrome%20Extensions
All my chrome extensions are open-source:
Layoutify: Improved Layout for Instagram
Tabbie Updated - Tab Manager
Eye Care - reminds you to take a break
Gmail Mail Counter · Gmail Mail Expander
Stop Autoplay for Youtube
SecuritySection titled Security
During my work at the Jochen Schweizer mydays Group, I have found and mitigated:
- a JSON prototype pollution issue impacting every micro-frontend
- a XSRF / CSRF issue in the authentification service
- publicly reachable server side source code
- introduced HSTS and multiple security related HTTP headers
Blog posts about each finding coming soon.